LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot use formula in LabVIEW 8.5 library error

Hi,

I'm not able to open the Formula function.  It says the library is not accessible.  I just installed LabVIEW on this machine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vara

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,233 Views)

Check the help file-

"Note  Many Scripts & Formulas VIs are available only in the LabVIEW Full and Professional Development Systems. If you have the LabVIEW Base Package, you do not have the full set of the Scripts & Formulas VIs described in this help file"

What Dev Package did you install? Student, Base, Full or Pro?  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,221 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I am using 8.5 Base version.  However, I checked the website and the Formula function is available with the Base version.  The exact error is "the Governing library for this Node is broken".

Thanks,

Vara

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,217 Views)

spiedie wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I am using 8.5 Base version.  However, I checked the website and the Formula function is available with the Base version.  The exact error is "the Governing library for this Node is broken".

Thanks,

Vara

Formula parsing vis were not included in the base package until LabVIEW 8.6. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,202 Views)
Presumably you are referring to the Formula Express VI (the icon in the Scripts & Formula palette looks like a little calculator and it has a blue background.). If so, this uses a Formula Node, which should be available in LabVIEW Base (I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure). In the past when that error has been encountered a repair of the LabVIEW installation or an uninstall/reinstall has been the only solution.
Message 5 of 16
(3,201 Views)

Thank Smerc---

The help files aren't clear and all I have are pro versions.  I Know its in 8.6 and on but since it just shifted by package deployment the read-me is ambigeous.

BatPhone? anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,191 Views)

Spiedie,

Were you able to get your issue resolved?

And Jeff,

Which specific VIs are you referring to?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,152 Views)

Justin/All,

Thanks for your help so far.  I'm using the Formula function "the icon in the Scripts & Formula palette looks like a little calculator".  I tried repairing the installation, and it still doesn't work.  I haven't reinstalled it though. 

I am using V8.5 base.

Thanks,

Vara

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,150 Views)

Vara,

I'm with smercurio, and think that a reinstall is probably your only option.  You could try to delete the files that are causing the issue and then try another repair, or you could do the reinstall and know you're going to fix it.

And Jeff is correct that in older versions of LabVIEW it was a little ambigeous what needed to be installed but starting in 8.6 we added the "Installed with:" field to the help, and it 2009 we changed the name to "Requires:".  This makes it easier to know what the VIs installed with.

The picture below shows the 8.5 help next to the 2009 help:

HelpChanges.png

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,139 Views)

I reinstalled (I skipped the device drivers since I don't need them for my application) and it still doesn't work!  Same error.  When I try to open this function in a new VI, it opens an empty square box. When I open a VI that was created previously with this function, I can see the function details, but it is pale. 

Thanks for any help.

Vara

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,103 Views)