LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot remove tip strips from executable

Solved!
Go to solution
I recently deployed a large application (v8.6) as an executable.  After deploying it to a machine using a touchscreen monitor, I realized that the tip strips were annoying to the user, so I went into the main VI, clicked on Tools/Options/Front Panel and deselected "Show tip strips on front panel controls".  I then saved teh VI, rebuilt the application and ported it over to the lab PC.  I still get the tip strips.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I'm beginning to wonder if the only solution is to go into the VI and remove all the tip strips...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanNatCorning
The setting only applies to the development environment. An application has its own settings. These are saved in the <applicationname>.ini file that resides in the same folder as your application. The setting in the LabVIEW.ini file for having them off would be "showTipStringsOnFPControls=False". I have no idea if adding this setting for an application's settings file will work.
Message 2 of 4
(2,211 Views)
Smurcurio...once again you're a fantastic help. I copied that line of code into the application ini file and it worked like a charm!  Thanks so much!   Now I'm off to read about what other neat tricks I can do with that ini file.  Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,201 Views)