LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set background color of boolean

I'm trying my hand at a custom control.  It's a simple boolean 'arrow' indicator.  I started by placing a classic "flat square button", then imported the 'false' and 'true' versions of the arrow, which correspond to red and green.

However, I want a 3rd state (off).  To accomplish this, I tried to use a property node, but it doesn't seem to work.  I created  a simple VI to test with, I've pasted the image below...I know the event structure is being executed, because I tested that by changing the boolean text inside the event structure.  To prove it can be done, I set every value of the array to blue, just to make sure I wasn't missing something about the true/false/t->f/f->t arrangement of the array.

But all to no avail...I can click on the control and it changes from red to green, like I originally defined in the control.  Why can't I programatically change the color?  thanks in advance

bool.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,405 Views)

ed up just using a picture ring and just pasted in the 3 different options I want.  Seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,392 Views)

bmishoe wrote:But all to no avail...I can click on the control and it changes from red to green, like I originally defined in the control.  Why can't I programatically change the color?

It is probably more likely that your imported pictures are just covering the background of the button.

A picture ring is the better way to go anyways.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,386 Views)