From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling shared object function from Actor

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running an large application using Actor Framework on the cRIO-9068.  Labview 2013 SP1f2.

One of my Actors needs to call a function from a shared object .so file which I created.  I also created a wrapper vi which contains the Call Library node.  The wrapper vi is not part of any library or class.

When I add the wrapper vi to one of the methods of Actor A and deploy the app; I get an error for Actor B stating Actor Core.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.  Now here is where it gets interesting. 

If I remove Actor B from the project, the error changes to Actor C. 

If I remove the wrapper vi from Actor A, the error goes away and my application runs as expected.

If I run only the wrapper vi on the target, the shared object function executes as expected, with no errors.

I'm out of ideas.  I will try to replicate this issue on a small scale, but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,051 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwkengineer

Looks like I fixed the problem by moving the .so to /usr/lib and running chmod 0755 /usr/lib/libfoo.so

would have been easier to fix if Deployment assigned error to the Actor actually using the library Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
(2,040 Views)