LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling shared object function from Actor

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running an large application using Actor Framework on the cRIO-9068.  Labview 2013 SP1f2.

One of my Actors needs to call a function from a shared object .so file which I created.  I also created a wrapper vi which contains the Call Library node.  The wrapper vi is not part of any library or class.

When I add the wrapper vi to one of the methods of Actor A and deploy the app; I get an error for Actor B stating Actor Core.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.  Now here is where it gets interesting. 

If I remove Actor B from the project, the error changes to Actor C. 

If I remove the wrapper vi from Actor A, the error goes away and my application runs as expected.

If I run only the wrapper vi on the target, the shared object function executes as expected, with no errors.

I'm out of ideas.  I will try to replicate this issue on a small scale, but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwkengineer

Looks like I fixed the problem by moving the .so to /usr/lib and running chmod 0755 /usr/lib/libfoo.so

would have been easier to fix if Deployment assigned error to the Actor actually using the library Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
(2,029 Views)