cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call library

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings and Happy New Year to all!

I'm working on a program where (among other things) I want to read a shared memory resource. By means of some scripts running between my machine and another on the same network, a specified chunk of memory on my machine is being fed live data, and I want to access that data to manipulate it.Once I have access, I think I'll have to dump it into a buffer before I can start working with it, but thats getting ahead of myself....

For now, I've found the "call library functon node" that I think I can use to access the .dll file that has the functions I need to read and interpret the data being passed to me. Where I could use some direction is what to do with this? I somehow have to tell LV the "name" associated with the shared memory, yes? And somehow I need to tell LV what the data is...or would this be done through the functions in my .dll? [I think the answer there is the dll - and yes, I realize you all can't really know without seeing the code; I'm asking more in a general sense.]

Using this function node looks like a straightforward method. Anyone know of a better method for accessing shared memory? 

Thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________

**Still looking through other threads; if this has been answered elsewhere, please let me know!

**This is all on LV 7.1.1...  😛

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,143 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IceMan30

@IceMan30 wrote:

Greetings and Happy New Year to all!

I'm working on a program where (among other things) I want to read a shared memory resource. By means of some scripts running between my machine and another on the same network, a specified chunk of memory on my machine is being fed live data, and I want to access that data to manipulate it.Once I have access, I think I'll have to dump it into a buffer before I can start working with it, but thats getting ahead of myself....

For now, I've found the "call library functon node" that I think I can use to access the .dll file that has the functions I need to read and interpret the data being passed to me. Where I could use some direction is what to do with this? I somehow have to tell LV the "name" associated with the shared memory, yes? And somehow I need to tell LV what the data is...or would this be done through the functions in my .dll? [I think the answer there is the dll - and yes, I realize you all can't really know without seeing the code; I'm asking more in a general sense.]

Using this function node looks like a straightforward method. Anyone know of a better method for accessing shared memory? 

Thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________

**Still looking through other threads; if this has been answered elsewhere, please let me know!

**This is all on LV 7.1.1...  😛

Your thoughts are all correct! The answer is in the DLL and we can't help you at all without having lots more details about the DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,124 Views)

Worked it out with my in-hosue C++ guru...good to go! I ahd it set up pretty much correct, just needed the right .dll to call to.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,092 Views)