LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call library function configouring difficulty

Hello,
I am working with the a USB based DAQ device (Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP) My card vendors now provided a DLL file. Calling convention is standard calling (_stdcall).
There are more than one functions in the DLL and more than one of the functions within the dll use same variable. In such a case How to configoure call Library function node. When I endup configouring all the variables, I see the C prototype as having all the variables in each of the function.
I am not good at programing languages, can any body please give a solution to this. I need it to be done urgently and it is very important to me.
my VC++ source file for dll is attached with this.

Thank you in advance.
Upendar.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,457 Views)
Hi Upen,

Are you getting any error codes or broken arrows in your code? Also, have you tried looking at the following article to use the call library function node?

An Overview of Accessing DLLs or Shared Libraries from LabVIEW

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3009

Please let me know. Thank you!

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,435 Views)
Hi Steven,
Thanks for the response,
I am facing the problem like, LabVIEW is crashing when I read from variables. I doubt there is a problem with the C prototye itself. Since there are more than one functions this problem shows up.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,417 Views)
From my limited knowledge, it doesn't look like you've exported any of the functions. Using _stdcall is not correct. Have you read the 'Using External Code with LabVIEW' document?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,410 Views)
Thank you for the response,
Dennis, as I mentioned earlier it was not the dll i prepared and it's a third party dll (my daq card vendor provided the same).
And in "using external code with LabVIEW" it is mentioned that we can call functions with any of the two conventions 'C' or 'standard calling (WINAPI)'.
Please anyone respond ...

Upen.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,396 Views)

@upen wrote:
Thank you for the response,
Dennis, as I mentioned earlier it was not the dll i prepared and it's a third party dll (my daq card vendor provided the same).
And in "using external code with LabVIEW" it is mentioned that we can call functions with any of the two conventions 'C' or 'standard calling (WINAPI)'.
Please anyone respond ...

Upen.

Your original request is more than unclear. Please specify in more details what you want to do and what does not work. Otherwise it is simply a shot in the dark trying to help you.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,388 Views)