From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculate SNR from Power spectrum (Urgent)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. I have used simple blocks like PSK modulator,white noise,phase noise,tone interference, up and down converter and demodulator in a chain to simulate a noisy channel and also perform modulation in  LabVIEW. I would like to know is it possible to calculate SNR from the power spectrum live for this channel? Is there any function avaiable in Modulation toolkit to calculate SNR from Power spectrum?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ethen99

Hello en99,

The Spectral Measurements Toolkit provides VIs to calculate the 'Power in Band'.  By taking the ration of this VI and the apparent noise level, I believe you should be able to calculate the SNR.

The screenshot shows where this VI can be found:

RTControl.png

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,084 Views)

I try use it. It calculated parameter SFDR, not SNR.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,370 Views)

@Valentin87 wrote:

I try use it. It calculated parameter SFDR, not SNR.

You must have bad math if you have the dynamic range instead of SNR. 

How about posting a snippet of your code?  That would help us find your mistake a lot quicker.  

Are you using RFmx? Why not? SNR is a basic measurement and easy to find.  Did you check the shipping examples? SMTK and RFmx examples are pretty good. 

Any one of those actions would solve your problem more ("Urgent"ly.)

Although I suspect, it's not that time critical for the rest of us.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,361 Views)