cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio 9074 changed IP and lost modules

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi again,

I was running something on my cRio 9074. Then stopped the vi. Then plugged the connections to Modbus and some instruments on the 9870/9871 modules, but did not switch the cRio off. Next thing the vi would not run anymore. Turns out, the cRio had assigned itself a new IP address and all modules disappeared.

I managed to set the IP address back in MAX. But the modules are still not showing up. I changed their locations, no success. Put different modules in, MAX would not find them either.

MAX says status connected, no software installed. FPGA is on. I dont run Labview, just MAX to check, if the modules show up eventually.

The cRio is in hybrid mode, last thing the FPGA mode "run on startup" was disabled, so I can deploy from the development machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steffen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,520 Views)

screenshot attached. There is software on the cRio, since months now. No idea, what connected-no software refers to then

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,506 Views)

I am guessing it willl probably need formatting and NI software reinstalling.

But you could try a few things first.

Try booting it up with the "no app" and "no FPGA" switches on and see if behaves any differently in max.

You can connect to the serial port of the cRIO with another computer, set the console out switch. Start something like hyperterminal or putty running, then boot up the cRIO.

It spews out a bootlog that might give a clue to the problem.

Message 3 of 21
(3,484 Views)

I guess I need to find a RS232 to USB converter, not many computers with RS232 sockets around these days? I will try tomorrow (Australia)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(3,474 Views)

no app and no FPGA boot, same results. Trying to find nullmodem cable

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(3,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffen01

With no app and no FPGA enabled with no improvement im guessing its game over.

Probably going to need a format and re-install regardless of the boot log.

Out of interest, is it possible to FTP into it? If so, does the folder structure look normal.

0xDEAD

Message 6 of 21
(3,446 Views)

how is the operating system on the cRio, is it possible to blow up/re-install?

No nullmodem cable, have to buy or make one

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,444 Views)

can FTP in. What am I looking for?

There are folders. Will click through it, I guess odd file sizes/ empty folders/weird filenames would be an indication

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(3,441 Views)

does not look odd, just not much in there

back to the nullmodem cable, do I still need one? I guess yes, if MAX does not find it. There is a simple text file for the IP settings

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(3,432 Views)

its abot 65Mb of data on the cRio. When I get it to work, could I just download the data and if something goes wrong, delete everything and put my backup files back? Or is it bootable, so just copying files back does not help?

There ia a startup folder and in there a file "startup aliases". There is one IP for the PC, which is 192 something, but the PC is 10 something. cRio is localhost.

What if I overwrite the 192. with the actual host IP? Or is it just a template?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,424 Views)