From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO data handling

Dear Sir/Madam

I am working with LabView 7.1 and using a cRIO 9102. I want to write lvm file through a  writelvm block. Is it possible?

In FPGA programme point data be not handled. Such in case of 10.55 it takes as 11 and in case of 10.45 it takes 10. How is possilbe to take 10.55 data as 10.55 and 10.45 as 10.45. 

I am interested to make a FPGA programme which consists of all mathematical operation such as division, but here I can not find any proper division block how can i do this operation.  

I am going to do a hardware in loop simulation where sensor data time step is 0.1 sec and my host programme time step is 0.001 How can I handle this mismatch data type?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,300 Views)

Do you want to write the LVM file from the FPGA code or the host code?  The LVM Express VI does not work on the FPGA code, since it makes extensive use of floating point.  You can recreate the format easily enough, however.  The specification can be found here.

In LabVIEW 7.1, only integer data types are supported on the FPGA.  You can write your own fixed point or floating point code.  It is tedious, but you should be able to find examples both on the National Instruments website and other places, such as LAVA.  I have seen full IEEE floating point code implemented in LabVIEW FPGA 7.1.  However, it may be easier to upgrade.  Fixed point data types were added to LabVIEW FPGA in version 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,278 Views)
Thank you very much....................
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,247 Views)