LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO can't start up

I have a cRIO-9073 doesn't seem to start up correctly. When I power it on the power LED lights up but that is the only one that does. I cannot detect the cRIO in MAX, and when I flip the switches to safe mode or reset IP address and toggle the power nothing changes. Any ideas what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,939 Views)

Hello,

It's difficult to say what the problem is, but a very good way to start troubleshooting is by using the console out, as described here.

You can then see what happens during boot up, if it hangs, ip address and so on.

If you don't have a terminal program for Windows, PuTTy is a nice free software you can use.

Make sure you have a null modem cable when you connect to it.

Best regards

Anders

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,922 Views)

I went through the steps in that troubleshooting white paper you linked above, and the cRIO did not respond. I tried to communicate using the console out with a serial cable and I never received any data back.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,891 Views)

Unless you've used the wrong serial settings or serial cable, I suspect there's something wrong with the cRIO if you don't get any output with the console out switch set.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,887 Views)

It's strange that you don't get anything at all.

If the serial connection was correct and you have enabled console out on the cRIO, it sounds like there's something wrong with the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,879 Views)

Yeah I don't get anything from the console switch. Any ideas what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,871 Views)

Looks like a major error. I'd recommend to send your cRIO to NI for further checks and repairs.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,866 Views)

Hey there LJ Herskowitz,

Please give us a call at (866)-275-6964 and ask for an RMA. If given the option to troubleshoot, please say yes. One of our applications engineers will then work with you to make sure that your cRIO is in need of an RMA, and that it's not anything else.

Thanks!

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,858 Views)