#RCS: unspecified
#OSName: Linux
#OSVers: 4.9.47-rt37-ni-6.1.0f0
#OSBuild: 264495
#AppName: lvrt
#Version: 18.0.1
#AppKind: AppLib
#AppModDate:

A SIGSEGV is an error(signal) caused by an invalid memory reference or a segmentation fault. You are probably trying to access an array element out of bounds or trying to use too much memory.

I am seeing that memory usage is steady-- I don't see any memory leak when looking at memory usage through distributed system manager.

We are running a compiled C library, lvzmq32.so which is used by the LabVIEW zeroMQ library:

http://labview-zmq.sourceforge.net/

I don't know how Segfault can happen through just regular LabVIEW code-- after all you can't just dereference a null pointer or whatever like you can in C / C++ . So I am looking at that compiled C code. How can I prove that that is what's causing the crash, if that is the cause?

MarkCG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,841 Views)

I am having a similar issue running on a cRIO-9068. Did you ever find any resolution to this error? 

####
#Date: Tue, Jun 27, 2023 02:47:49 PM
#Desc: LabVIEW caught fatal signal
14.0.1 - Received SIGSEGV
Reason: address not mapped to object
Attempt to reference address: 0x0xc
#OSVers: 3.2.35-rt52-2.10.0f0
#OSBuild: 197155
#Version: 14.0.1
#AppModDate:

####
#Date: Sun, Oct 22, 2023 10:44:37 PM
#Desc: LabVIEW caught fatal signal
14.0.1 - Received SIGSEGV
Reason: address not mapped to object
Attempt to reference address: 0x0xc
#OSVers: 3.2.35-rt52-2.10.0f0
#OSBuild: 197155
#Version: 14.0.1
#AppModDate:

I have it on several systems although I have dozens of other running the same LVappimage that do not have this issue. It also seems to run fine for several months before the issue occurs. Once it occurs it reboots and then runs happily again for several months.  I monitored memory usage over time and do not see an increase although I have monitored for days and the issue only occurs on some units every few months. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(270 Views)

Version 14.0.1! Seriously? That was pretty much the first LabVIEW version that supported NI Linux targets (well technically it was 2013). There were 1000ds of bug fixes in later versions that could or could not affect this issue.

Unless you use any custom shared library somewhere. Then that's always the first thing to start looking at!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(253 Views)

Yeah working on an upgrade currently. However this product is "qualified" by an end user and we can't make an changes with out re-running 100's of hours of qualification tests.  I currently have 168 of these units in the field running 2 versions of my application of all those fielded units only 4 have this specific issue others have been in the field for years without experiencing this problem. And of all those units seems like only ones from a short time frame in December of 2019 have the problem.  Seem to be tied to hardware shipped at that time. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(230 Views)