LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ on exe

Hello

I am in the middle of developing a hardware/software combing nation for controlling an electrical load box.  My current design will be using LabVIEW code and a cDAQ 9184.  I also need to deploy this to about ten load boxes. 

With this in mind I am trying to make everything as plug in play as possible.  Ideally I would be able to swap any piece of hardware without any configuring and have it working.  I am trying to program all of my DAQmx information into a setup VI.  So far it works pretty good with the following exception.  The PC I am developing on has MAX.  The networking part of it is easy.  I am configuring all the channels programmatically.   When I build an exe and send it to the deployment PC it cannot find the 9184.  The development PC does not have MAX

I think I can fix this by assigning a static IP address, but then if any of the 9184s need to be replaced in the future I would again need to assign a static IP.  I want to be able o take it out of the box, swap it and have it function.

Is it possible to do this programmatically either by finding the cDAQ or programmatically assigning an IP (but I guess to this you would need to find it first)?

Does anyone have any examples of how this is done?

I am happy to provide more details as necessary.

Thanks

Trent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,033 Views)

I think I can fix this by assigning a static IP address, but then if any of the 9184s need to be replaced in the future I would again need to assign a static IP.  I want to be able o take it out of the box, swap it and have it function.

I think you should live with this extra step. It is always recommended to use fix static IPs for such systems. So you need to assign a static IP to the cDAQ unit manually. I think this is the best. If you need to store spare/backup cDAQ units, just prepare them with the required fix IPs, so it will be quick to deploy/replace them...

edit: i have also found this, you can give it a try....

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Programmatically-Change-Network-Address-of-cDAQ-9188/ta-p/...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,009 Views)