LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9482 Relay Programming

I am doing the initial setup and control of my cDAQ system and modules. The first is my 9482 relay module.

I can control the module using the test panels in NIMax, but having problems creating a VI to control it.

I am using the DAQ Assistant to build a VI for it and have it configured as shown below.  If I select the run button at the top of the DAQ Assistant, it operates correctly and I can see / here the relay channels operating

When I select OK and it builds the VI, and add control to the data line and a stop button, shown in the bottom picture, I cannot get the VI to operate the relay module.

I am real new to this, so I suspect I am making a rookie mistake.

Thanks

DAQAssistant.png

9482.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,386 Views)

Hi CastleWorks,

don't using the ExpressVIs (like DAQ Assistent), it will be much easier in the end!

- When something don't works you usually should get error messages/codes. Did you get them?

- When your VI doesn't work as intended you should attach your VI!

There is a good explanation of DAQmx basics here and here.

Also LabVIEW comes with a huge library of ready-to-use example VIs, just study and play with them!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,357 Views)

Hi CastleWorks!

I'm also facing the similar problem to control NI 9482 using LabView VI . How did you solve the issue ?

How do you input the data to the NI DAQ Assistant ? Do you have to run it inside a loop with 1 Sample ( on Demand ) ?

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,886 Views)