LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9189 output voltage

I would like to generate a single TTL if possible, so to answer your last question, I would like to turn it on, thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(577 Views)

I am not the most well versed in electronics, this is all very new to me. I have made a new VI and am getting this error:

Error -209836

The devices in your task cannot be synchronized. This may be because there are no available synchronization mechanisms between the devices.
Some synchronization paths are not available in interactive tools like the DAQ Assistant. To determine whether synchronization between these devices is possible, try deploying and executing your task in your application environment.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<8>

*Edit*

I believe I was able to get the vi to work now. I am now curious as how to convert the array to a digital output and plot it. I have attached my working vi titled "Finite digital output2.vi"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(540 Views)

Hi svazquez,

@svazquez22 wrote:

I am now curious as how to convert the array to a digital output and plot it.

You already use that array for digital output, don't you!?

Why is the array defined as U32, when you need an U8 array as set in the DAQmxWrite function??? Did you notice the coercion dot?

Why do you set a finite task of 1000 samples, but only provide 8 samples in the array control?

To plot the array data just use a waveform graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(533 Views)

I tried changing the number of samples and added a waveform graph, it outputs as 0 and I am unsure why.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(523 Views)

Hi svazquez,

@svazquez22 wrote:

I tried changing the number of samples and added a waveform graph, it outputs as 0 and I am unsure why.

So you define your DAQmx task as digital output, but then you try to read samples from a digital input?

Which samples do you expect to read from an output channel???

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(519 Views)

Right, I forgot that I need to define an input channel, thank you for the clarification. How would I go about reading my digital signals in an analog channel? I know there are some conversion functions for digital to analog.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(520 Views)

Hi svazquez,

@svazquez22 wrote:

How would I go about reading my digital signals in an analog channel? I know there are some conversion functions for digital to analog.

When you read a digital signal using an analog input then you need to convert from "analog to digital"! Why do you ask for "digital to analog" conversion functions?

Did you read the specs for a TTL (compatible) signal?

When you read an analog voltage then how do you determine the TTL logic level? Which voltage range is accepted as "FALSE" and which voltage range corresponds to a TTL HIGH level? which kind of "conversion" might come handy?

Hint: most often you use a comparator to convert an analog signal to a digital one. That comparator can be hardware or software!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(509 Views)

The way I have my wiring set up is my digital output is being routed to an analog reader, so wouldn't I need to convert it to an analog signal?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(503 Views)

Hi svazques,

@svazquez22 wrote:

The way I have my wiring set up is my digital output is being routed to an analog reader, so wouldn't I need to convert it to an analog signal?

I really hate to repeat myself:

Did you read the specs for a TTL (compatible) signal?

When you read an analog voltage then how do you determine the TTL logic level? Which voltage range is accepted as "FALSE" and which voltage range corresponds to a TTL HIGH level? which kind of "conversion" might come handy?

Hint: most often you use a comparator to convert an analog signal to a digital one. That comparator can be hardware or software!

Especially when you are "not the most well versed in electronics" you should:

• read carefully when you get answers to your questions!
  • read some books (or even Wikipedia) to learn the basics of your problem!
  • follow the lectures at school/university…
  • talk to your team mates/teacher about your missing knowledge…
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(497 Views)