From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9133 Software Serial Numbers

We bought a cDAQ (9133) which came with Labview and a couple of toolkits installed. These products are not activated, however. I checked on the product page for the 9133 but didn't see any information about whether you get the software with the chassis or if you need to buy it separately in order to activate it. Could anybody help clear that up for me? And if additional software purchases are not necessary, could you point me to where I could find my serial numbers? The NI support pages directs me to my certificate of ownership or the shipping label, but I don't think received a certificate of ownership (or it got lost in the office somewhere). I also didn't see the information on the shipping label. It's looking like we'd have to purchase the software, but I just wanted to verify since it did come pre-installed on our all-in-one cDAQ system. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,282 Views)

Contact your local NI office to clarify the matter. In principle, if you only paid for the hardware, then you only get software for evaluation period. If you want to use LabVIEW with it (which makes sense), you need to buy a separate licence for it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,252 Views)

Hi jerronimo,

Blokk gave a great answer, but I thought I would elaborate on a few more details related to activation.

You can activate your software by calling the NI support line, 1 (866) 275-6964 (Americas), with your serial number. They will be able to provide you with the activation codes for any software you are licensed to use. Your serial number(s) should be listed on the product packaging, although support can retrieve your serial number in some cases. It would be best to contact your seller if you are missing any serial numbers. You will need to purchase the LabVIEW Development System separately if you did not already purchase a license when you bought your 9133.

Some software can be activated automatically through an internet connection, but a foolproof method would be to call support. It shouldn't take you more then 30 minutes and they will also be able to answer any additional questions you have about licensing!

Best,

Duncan W.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,247 Views)