From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

builder issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I can't figure out what is going on. I've build several executables, and all of a sudden i get a crash when starting up my executable? I get the error report as attached in this question.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

regards,

Thijs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

Hi,

Thank you for your posting here. 

The access violation error (0xC0000005) is a generic Windows exception error code, which can apply to a wide variety of situations and unfortunately makes it very difficult to debug. This error can sometimes be caused by an Antivirus software on your computer. I would first attempt to disable this software or even temporarily uninstalling the software and see if this error persists. 

This error and crash can also be caused by subVIs making calls to 3rd party DLLs. Does your VI have any subVIs included in the program? Do they make any calls to an external DLL/Library of some form? If so, I would suggest temporarily deleting these subVIs and see if the error and crash continue to occur. Doing this and removing your Antivirus software will help narrow down the source of this error. 

If you are in fact making calls to a 3rd party, then I would recommend that you contact this third party's support and ask if they know of any existing issues with the driver and version of LabVIEW that you are using. Also ask them to look into the DLL to confirm that LabVIEW is providing the parameters it needs to functions correctly. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hossein

Message 2 of 5
(2,392 Views)

Hi,

It indeed makes use of a third party DLL, i've attached the dll. (rename it do dll) but then i don't get it, does the third party have to write a particularly DLL with instructions for LabVIEW?

Can I change certain things in this DLL or is it closed?

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,387 Views)

Hi,

I found that information in our forum post which I give its link below.

I suspect that you can solve your problem with it.

If there is any question, don't hesitate to ask.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Access-violation-0xC0000005/td-p/2269694/page/2

Regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,383 Views)
Hi,

I've checked all the functions and connected all the terminals and also replaced an emtpy string input with a string with some dummy text. So that the memmory allocation of this particularly input had something... Now i can make an executable and my programm seems steady... I also checked all the types of inputs and changed some to ulongs (it was written in the manual of the SDK). It worked for me!

Best regards,
Thijs
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,363 Views)