cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build packed library error when use NI_PID_autopid.lvlib

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've a problem to build my Packed Library when I use a subVI from NI addons from "NI_PID_autopid.lvlib".

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\addons\control\pid

I have a lvlib with 1 VI where only 1 subVI is inside (the VI from NI_PID_autopid.lvlib).

When I build this simple example the build is unsuccessful with message "LabVIEW:  Adding this item would cause a conflict with another item."

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

I use Labview 2015 64 bit.

A screenshot and the full project is zipped and attached.

Thanks

Hans

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,596 Views)

Hi Hans78,

do you get this error with other VI's of the PID palette, for example PID_Advanced.vi or PID_Autotuning(Temperatur).vi as well?

Kind regards

Thomas

Kind Regards,

Thomas Gimpel
Application Engineer Intern
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,507 Views)

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply.

I've found out that VIs from NI_PID_pid.lvlib (PID Advanced.vi , e.g.) don't make problems building the Packed Lib.

But when I add a VI from NI_PID_autopid.lvlib (PID Autotuning (Temperature).vi, e.g.) then the Packed Lib build fails. But the Dll and Application build of this VI works fine!

Best regards

Hans 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,502 Views)

It seems like, there is currently no possibility to use some of the VI's in the NI_autopid.lvlib library in a packed library.

I'm still looking for a workaround, but is it neccesary for you to use this in a packed library?

Kind Regards,

Thomas Gimpel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,370 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johann78

Here is a possibility to get around this problem.

Follow these steps:

1) Build a Packed Library from the NI_PID_autopid.lvlib (the lvlib that contains PID Advanced Autotuning)

1a) Add the NI_PID_autopid.lvlib to your project (right click compute » add file..) the file is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\addons\control\pid\autopid.llb

1b) Create a Packed Library of this NI_PID_autopid.lvlib (right click Build Specifications » New » Packed Library) Add the NI_PID_autopid.lvlib as the Top-level Library under source files

2) Use this Packed Library to access the PID Advanced Autotuning VI

2a) Either in a new project or in a new project, add the Packed Library created in step 1) to the project.

2b) Create a Library in this project.

2c) Create a VI within this Library.

2d) Move the PID Advanced Autotuning VI from the Packed Library created in step 1) to this VI

2e) Create a Packed Library from this new Library.

This should allow the PID Advanced Autotuning VI to be built into a Packed Library

Kind regards

Kind Regards,

Thomas Gimpel
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(3,342 Views)

Thanks for your detailed description.

Now I've solved it by make the main Autotuning.vi new (at my own with same connectors) and disconnect some typedefinitions. Now it has no problems to build the packed lib.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,306 Views)