cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build a function

Hi,

I need to build a function of time that has the shape below

How could i do that ?

and how could i make a repetition of this function as long as the time goes on ?

Thx
Samer,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,866 Views)

Hi Samer,

you can use the build waveform vi´s to create this shape. Or do you have a formula of it? What do you mean with "as long as the time goes on"?

Mike

Message 2 of 11
(2,865 Views)
Hi MikeS81,

To answer your questions:

do you have a formula of it?
i don't have a formula of the shape; i want to obtain this shape by specifying couples (y,t) and then i'll have an extrapolation between the points. does build waveform do that ?

What do you mean with "as long as the time goes on"?
I mean how to make it periodic ?

Samer,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,849 Views)

Hi Samer,

to draw exactly this shape you can also use a xy graph, but if you need the values you should use a waveform graph. Create an array of your values and use the build waveform function. To make it cyclic, you should use a loop.

Mike

Message 4 of 11
(2,848 Views)
Where is this waveform being used? Are you trying to have it generated by a DAQ board? Are you performing some form of software signal analysis?

A graph will not perfom "interpolation". It plots points, and connects the points. Likewise the "Build Waveform" does not do interpolation. It creates a waveform datatype from the data that you supply. You provide a starting time, a delta t, and the array of Y values.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,825 Views)
Where is this waveform being used? Are you trying to have it generated by a DAQ board? Are you performing some form of software signal analysis?

I just need to build a waveform and make it cyclic...i don't have a DAG board and i am not doing signal analysis ...What i want is more simple than thatSmiley Wink

I made an array as an input of a for loop then i used "buil a waveform",
inside the loop, to associate the time to the input values.
At the end a wafeform grah shows me the values in function of time
Samer,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,792 Views)
OK. So I'm confused now. Do you have what you want, or not?
Message 7 of 11
(2,766 Views)
I thought I was the onlyone who was confused.. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,763 Views)
He is just doing homework I guess. Something similar they gave us when I started couple years ago with LabVIEW. The aim is to create a function that has as input time (or iteration) and it returns actual position of the function. According to what you draw you have to use 'Quotient & Remainder' function and devide the input to five intervals. The reminder is your actual interval. For each interval you specify now it's 'shape'. I can help you with this but you have to provide coordinates of the shape you draw.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,754 Views)
I believe this is close to what you wanted.
LV 2011, Win7
Message 10 of 11
(2,747 Views)