cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffered standard deviation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I generate some data, and I would like to get continously the standard deviation of the last measured N double number. I do not want to get a result until I have already got at least N number from the generated data. I have attached the not yet finished test vi. I thought this should be relatively easy to do, but I feel what I try to do (I would make some modulo iterating for the index of the insert into array function, so I would always replace the oldest member in the double array) is really not elegant. Maybe someone could point me toward the proper direction.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,216 Views)

There was some problems with the above vi, I have made some modifications, I think this is a working solution. I have attached it. But my questions remains: is it a good/nice solution? In my real application I will use a double array with size approx. 1024-2048.

Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

okey, some more search in the forum, and I have found there is a built-in solution in labview for this,

in Point by Point >> Prob & Stat :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Creating-Trendline-of-50-Period-Moving-Average/m-p/1182653

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,196 Views)