From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad edge ... wire

I am rather new to LabVIEW/programming.  I created a program to measure force/displacement (stress/strain) using SCXI.  I recently had problems with NI MAX not responding so I downloaded and installed lasted version.  Reinstalled all latest drivers...  Now, if I make a change to DAQ ASST and click OK, I get the following error: "bad edge will not be added to wire (and some numbers)" and then LabVIEW no longer responds.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,578 Views)
What exactly are you changing in your DAQ asst. When you change your DAQ asst. and when the you click OK the DAQ asst tries to link the previously attached wire to it and if the data is not the same as the previous one it will give you an error. So changing an analog input might give this error.
Try making a new VI with the changes in DAQ assist, instead of changing the DAQ assist in the older VI, See if this helps

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)
At the time I posted the earlier message, I was just changing the number of samples and the sampling rate.  I got the error message and subsequent "LabVIEW - Not Responding" after that...  After a short break, I went back and tried just making a new VI and was able to do everything I need.  I then when back and tried the old VI and had the same problem, so there must be a little bug somewhere, but at any rate, I'll just work with the new VI.  I've got a lot of LabVIEW/programming and instrumentation to learn!  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,550 Views)
Hi

Can you please tell me which LabVIEW version are you using. I have the same problem in LV 7.1. I would like to know if upgrading to LV 8 would help.

I would allso like to know if I need to make a new VI or just create a new DAQ Assistent.

Thanks
Damjan Drozg | ISE | Slovenia | CEER
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,504 Views)
I got the "bad edge will not be added to wire" when deleting or adding inputs to a "build text" box. I worked around it by adding inputs one at a time instead of a bunch at once. But then deleting inputs, I could never succeed until I disconnected all the wires first - then there was no problem. Labview version 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,479 Views)