From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avi file only plays when mouse is in motion

I am trying to play an avi file in Labview 6.  The file plays fine until I click anywhere on the program.  After that, the video will only play if the mouse is moving. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,586 Views)
Hi, simply amazing.

That's strange; I haven't found any reference to a LabVIEW bug causing that behavior. My reocmmendation is to make sure you're calling the .avi file correctly. Are you using ActiveX? You may want to check out this KnowledgeBase on playing avi files in LabVIEW. Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem and we'll keep working on this.

Have a nice evening!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,562 Views)
i am using ActiveX to play the .avi file.  The other thing i forgot to mentio is that i am using a mouse property node for a blank picture located behind the windows media player object so that i can determine coordinates on the video.  i think this may be involved becuase the video stops playing altogether when the mouse is over the picture.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,547 Views)
Hi, simply amazing.

Ahh, I bet the event structure is a contributor this behavior. It's easy to get into unexpected situations with the event structure, but it's difficult to debug at a distance. Would you mind posting a screenshot of your block diagram so I can take a look?

Thanks!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,532 Views)

I figured it out. I had the program waiting for a click event on the screen, so something was making the video play strange.  I just added a prompt before the click was made so the video play and the screen click were separated.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,515 Views)