LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically export graph image

Hi.. I would like to export image from graph chart for every 5 minutes to monitor AC Voltage and Current waveform. So in one hours i could get 12 image (BMP format). The image is automatically save in specific folder when i run the program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,520 Views)

This will be easy to achieve, you can simply create a loop with that checks a timer for your 5 min interval, and when true, it can call the graph's invoke node to save an image.  Reset your timer and then wait till next interval again.  The invoke node to export an image from a graph just needs a path and a file format to save to. 

Message 2 of 7
(5,512 Views)

Sir Mike_King,

The problem that i face are :

1. After i run the program the sine wave at my waveform graph not moving. I dont want it  interupt my waveform graph because i would like to visualize my waveform in real time .

2. i need click "save" button and name the picture. I try  to save picture automatically by sequence suffix name. Eg: test_001.bmp ,test_002.bmp, test_003.bmp

What actually i want to do is to export multiple image of my waveform graph every 50 sample.

The function is same as export data in excel by using "write to measurement file" pallet.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,455 Views)

@yinrin wrote:

Sir @Mike_King,

The problem that i face are :

1. After i run the program the sine wave at my waveform graph not moving. I dont want it  interupt my waveform graph because i would like to visualize my waveform in real time .

2. i need click "save" button and name the picture. I try  to save picture automatically by sequence suffix name. Eg: test_001.bmp ,test_002.bmp, test_003.bmp

What actually i want to do is to export multiple image of my waveform graph every 50 sample.

The function is same as export data in excel by using "write to measurement file" pallet.

Two things are stopping your loop.

1- The event structure do not have a timeout, so the loop will wait indefinitely until an event (save or stop) is triggered.

2- The Wait until next ms multiple is set to 300000, so even if there wasn't an event structure your loop will wait 5 minutes between every iteration.

Here is a quick starting point for you:

using parallelism.png

Ben64

Message 4 of 7
(5,445 Views)

Hi ben64,

how to set file path?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,412 Views)

@yinrin wrote:

Hi @ben64,

how to set file path?

The simplest way is to replace the Default Data Directory.vi (the vi that have the form of a small folder) with the file path constant C:\Users\Aspire\Desktop\aaa but it is not portable. A better way is to do something like this:

User Desktop Path.png

Ben64

Message 6 of 7
(5,395 Views)

Thanks for the VI it also worked for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,213 Views)