LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

articial horizon indicator

Hi, anyone know if the labview have this kind of indicator?

Artificial horizon.JPG

This is called artificial horizon indicator and is used in flight simulators

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,925 Views)
We know what it is. Smiley Wink Did you try a search?
Message 2 of 11
(7,914 Views)

I don't think LabView has anything like that as a native control but you should be able to create your own - (or start from someone else's).

One way would be to create graphics of the various overlays (eg a blue/brown graphic for the horizon, a white slew indicator etc), then create a subVI that will combine all these together into one image depending on your required settings.  So you could position the horizon line up or down,, rotate it if you are banking etc. 

You'll need the Vision package to do the image manipulation - in particular the IMAQ Rotate & IMAQ Shift functions.

Message Edited by LDHGE on 06-08-2010 09:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,900 Views)

Wilmer_S,

The LabVIEW Robotics Module includes an Aircraft Attitude indicator, which may be what you are looking for.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,859 Views)

Here's what the robotics attitude indicator looks like...

attitude_fp.png 

It's an XControl, and we have the following properties...

attitude_prop.png 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,850 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc ,

I think or you know too much?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,831 Views)

Wilmer_S wrote:

Hi smercurio_fc ,

I think or you know too much?  Smiley Wink

No, I've just played a flight simulator or two in my time. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,812 Views)

Ooooooo, I like that horizon indicator in the robotics package!  However, there is a group that has put out a whole set of ActiveX controls for aircraft instrumentation.  You can find that here.  I haven't tried it, but for 150 v 2k, it might be worthwhile (and it comes with some other sweet looking instrumentation also).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,795 Views)

Here's the LabVIEW Robotics compass indicator...

compass.png 

On the $150 vs. $2000 issue, keep in mind that LabVIEW Robotics is a lot more than just these controls.  It includes sensor drivers, mapping and search algorithms, a steering API,  obstacle avoidance algorithms, forward and inverse kinematics and dynamics, and more.

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,778 Views)

Haha...thanks, Brian.  I am an enthusiastic user of NI products so by no means am I knocking them.  However, if, like me, you only require the woo-woo-ding-dings of a slick display and not all of the functionality found in the robotics package, I will likely opt for the smaller layout.  

Cheers, Matt 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,765 Views)