cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array of plots

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am building an application and have to show hundreds of plots. I would like to show these plots as an array of plots with horizontal scrollbar. It it not possible to build an array of waveform graphs I bulit an array of clusters of waveformgraphs. How to pass data to this array? Is there an other method of solving my problem? Any suggestions? The goal is to look through many plots, each one on a different waveform graph (or some other plot).

Przemek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,562 Views)

przemmo wrote: 

It it not possible to build an array of waveform graphs

Sure it is:

What are you trying? Have you looked at the examples that ship with LabVIEW that show how to use graphs and charts?

Showing "hundreds of plots" on a graph is really not practical. To a user this would be pure information overload and be somewhat unmanageable. There is also the issue of pure screen draw time. With that much data your application will be crippled under its own weight. Can you provide some more information as to the type of data you're trying to show and what you want to be able to accomplish? A better suggestion can then be provided.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,555 Views)

Thank you for fast reply, but it is not what I am looking for. I mean array of plots but on the front panel. I know how to build array of plots, but try do do the same on the front panel. It is not possible to put Waveform Graph into an array.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,544 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author przemmo

for this kind og graph

you can use build array of cluster

see attachement

Tinnitus

CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
Message 4 of 9
(4,537 Views)

Ok, that is ok. I knew that I need to build an array of clusters of waveforms. Just forgot to use build cluster array after I create waveform of Y[], dt and Timestamp.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,531 Views)

What is the point of having an array of plots? Especially for a subVI. If you're tying to pass data into a subVI you only need to have the data, and the data would be the waveform datatype. If you're trying to do something with graphs then perhaps what you're really looking for is to have an array of graph references.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,498 Views)

Hello!

Another problem with "X scale" -> "Autoscale". I now succeded with building my Array of Plots (please find SCH1.jpg). But still i doesn't look I would like it to look.On The plots (please find FP1.jpg) I have some waveforms. Each waveform shows some data of different length (lengths shown in the "Array indicator" (divided by 2 for simplicity - sampling freq=2MHz). When I shift the X Scrollbar of the PlotsArray autoscaling doest work and both visible plots displays the same data.I need to click on the plot to refresh data on the plot.

How can I refresh scales and data on the plots?

Thank for ideas,

Przemek

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,436 Views)

This is one of the drawbacks. Array elements can only differ in value (the data!), all properties are the same for all elements, this includes the axes, legends, plot styles, etc.

The use of "arrays of graphs" is thus only useful in very limited cases.

Message 8 of 9
(4,419 Views)

so the only solution to thie problem is to use a control to change plot that is displayed currently and handle interrupts from this control. I thikn I will use two plots and a control. On the Plot0 will display the N plot and on the Plot1 the N+1 plot. When user change the value on control N shifts by 1...

Any other solution?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,409 Views)