From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder error 1041

Dear All,

I have a problem to build a application in Labview 8.5.

It's the first time that I try to build this application in fact it's the first application every I try to build.

I found the following problem.

Authentication: "Error Code Database.vi is password-protected. Enter the password to acces the block diagram."

I do not know the password for this file.

The building errors details I get are:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1041 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Apply_VI_Properties.vi->AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Incorrect password.

Method Name: Lock State:Set  

When I start looking for the file that causes the problems I find that it is "Get File Type.vi" it's protected.

This is an NI file and I do not know the password and I do not know why it is locked.

The VI general properties of the file are:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Utility\lvfile.llb\Get File Type.vi

File revision is 78

I tried to solve the problem as discribed in tread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=297099&requireLogin=False

But that did not work for me. A build with a new file also gives the same error.

So I tried something else in the Build specification there is a menu "source file settings". There is a selection about passwords

You can choose 3 settings 1) No passord change 2) Remove password 3) Apply new password. I changed this setting from 2 to 1.

And I can build the project now. So I change back from 1 to 2 and I should get the error back again. And I did not. How can this happen?

What is going on?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,873 Views)

Hi Test321,

you can't change the password if you don't know the old one. Why do you want to change the password? As far as i know the blockdiagram will be removed in an application, so it shouldn't change your application.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,857 Views)
Mike, you can't change the password if you don't know the old one. Why do you want to change the password? I do't wanna change the password. The application builder is asking for it and I do not have it. The same problem occured at thread http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=297099&requireLogin=FalseIt looks almost the same but the solutions there did not work. The problem kept occuring. 

So I tried someting else:

In the Build specifications there is a menu "source file settings" for your project files. I only have 1 main.vi project file

There is a selection about passwords for your source file settings. See attachment 3.

You can choose 3 settings

1) No passord change

2) Remove password

3) Apply new password.

I changed this setting from 2 to 1.And I can build the project now. So problem solved.

Then I changed back from 1 to 2 and I should get the error back again. And it did not.

I do not understand why it works and I would like to.

What is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,841 Views)
Hi Test321, Could you post the code, then i can try to reproduce this. Regards, Bas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,747 Views)