LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder 8.2

I am building an application in 8.2 using the same startup vi I did when I built it in 8.0.  I do not want my application to run when opened.  Under source file settings, the Property "Run When Opened" I have selected "Use VI Setting" , however after I build the application it still runs when opened even though on the startup vi  "file>vi properties>execution>run when opened"  is not set.  When using 8.0 all I do is unselect both the Run When Opened property and the Value option and it worked fine using the same startup VI.  I have tried all known possible combinations to prevent my vi from running when opened.  Once again I did not have this difficulty in 8.0. 

Any ideas?

Brian
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,340 Views)

Hi brianlachlan,

This is a detail that we found in the version 8.2, this version does not provide this functionality, but it's been taking care off.

Sorry =(

Tania Lozoya

Mensaje editado por Tania Lozoya

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,335 Views)

Thanks Tania,

So will there be a patch soon for 8.2? 

Brian

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,324 Views)

Hi there!

It is a problem that should be fixed soon, but for now lets see a workaround to solve this! 😃

What you can do to fix this is, go to the Advance page, and check  "Enable debugging" and "Wait for debugger on launch".

That's it!

You will have the same effect!

The only side effect, is that the .exe file is going to be bigger, because in the build, it includes files that the executable needs to enable the debugging option.

There are more things you can do, but this works fine.

If you have any problems. let me know!

Tania Lozoya

Mensaje editado por Tania Lozoya

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,252 Views)
As Tania mentioned, there is an existing bug report for this issue.  This was reported to R&D (# 40HEDDJG) for further investigation.

Thanks!
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,175 Views)