LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending to a file path

I am tring to save screenshot of the front panel after my VI has run. I have the program doing that. What I would also like it to do is save the file path of each shot as asingle seachable file. For instance my saved file path would be something like c:\screenshots\tb000001. The "tb000001" would be entered/scanned from bar code on the front panel and would change after each test. For now I have left the file path empty and it pormpts the user to enter manally. THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,823 Views)

@Justin_t wrote:

I am tring to save screenshot of the front panel after my VI has run. I have the program doing that. What I would also like it to do is save the file path of each shot as asingle seachable file. For instance my saved file path would be something like c:\screenshots\tb000001. The "tb000001" would be entered/scanned from bar code on the front panel and would change after each test. For now I have left the file path empty and it pormpts the user to enter manally. THANKS!

And?

Have you written your own VI or at least tried to do something?

Message 2 of 4
(2,811 Views)

@Justin_t wrote:

The "tb000001" would be entered/scanned from bar code on the front panel and would change after each test. For now I have left the file path empty and it pormpts the user to enter manally.

So you have a dialog window to allow the user to scan name?  Once you know the name of your file (as a string), use Build Path to create the full path for the file you want to save.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,790 Views)

Thanks! I was looking in the wrong place...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,787 Views)