LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app. builder Error 1003 occurred at ..... internal.llb

Hi,

I have an RT application that uses three FPGA PXI-7831R. The application was created with LabVIEW 7.0. We upgraded to 7.1, then to 7.1.1. We followed the instructions for 7.1.1, mass compile LabVIEW and mass compile our own code.

For the FPGA I had to create projects. I built the loads for each of them, updated the Open FPGA References in the RT code and then I was easily able to build an EXE with application builder. However, that load contained errors, so I had to debug it. I changes aliases in the FPGA projects, recompiled the 3 FPGA loads and refreshed their references in the RT code. I was able to debug the code and solve all my problems. That load would run with LabVIEW environment, downloaded to the RT target.

However, with application builder, when I compile that new load, I get: Error 1003 occurred at … internal.llb… The VI is not executable. I verified the VIs and their arrows are not broken. I already had "BldApp.RemovePolyVIsandTypedefs=False" in LabVIEW.ini. I opened my RT top level VI and performed ctrl-shift-run and LabVIEW becomes not-responding, taking 99% of the CPU, in that state for 90 minutes. I repeated that with a lower level VI containing FPGA Read/Write Control and got the same behavior, ctrl-shift-run makes LabVIEW to process I don't know what until I kill it. I could repeat that on 2 more PCs. However, it is ok if I do that with a VI not containing FPGA references.

The VI stated to be non-executable contains call to FPGA Read/Write Control. I removed these calls to debug and I got the same Error 1003 on the next VI containing an FPGA Read/Write Control. Are there some known issue with application builder and accessing FPGA with LabVIEW RT 7.1.1?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,629 Views)
Hi, AvernaFrca

You shouldn't have any problems when creating an EXE in LabVIEW that calls the Open FPGA VI Reference or the Read/Write Control VI. There are a few KBs online that relate to that error number, but it seems that you have read them already, because the suggested fixes are to mass compile (or do Ctrl + Shift + R) and that doesn't seem to fix it for you.
In your case, I would recommend you to make sure that your VIs are not corrupted. The easiest way will be to create another FPGA VI that you could call from a brand-new host VI. It can be something as simple as just do A + B. If that does work, then it might be a problem with your current VIs and it might be a good idea to recompile them, just to make sure. Hopefully that will take care of it. If the error is still present, then the problem might be the actual Read/Write Control VI, and we will have to fix or replace it with a new one.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional information.

GValdes
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,602 Views)