LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to talk to command prompt without using system exec.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I had been using system exec.vi the last few weeks to send commands to the command prompt and then bring the output back into labview. All of a sudden this week the vi is not working and I cannot even get an output from system exec.vi when i send the same commands that I have sent before. I was wondering if there was any other way to send & recieve commands from the cmd prompt in labview without having to use system exec?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(3,420 Views)

What happens if you send the command thru Windows interface?  Does it behave in the same manner?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(3,411 Views)

Are you asking if I sent them directly into the command prompt? I send the exact same commands directly into the command prompt and they work just fine. That is the part that I do not understand? Last week it was working and then at the start of this week, the commands do not work through the labview vi but they still work if i manually enter them directly into the command prompt...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(3,386 Views)

Sounds like your computer had a case of the Monday's.  

Can you share the code that makes the system call?  Are you calling custom code, Windows function, etc?  Was their an update over the weekend that may have affected the call?  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(3,379 Views)

@KovAcevich7 wrote:

Are you asking if I sent them directly into the command prompt? I send the exact same commands directly into the command prompt and they work just fine. That is the part that I do not understand? Last week it was working and then at the start of this week, the commands do not work through the labview vi but they still work if i manually enter them directly into the command prompt...

What exactly are the commands and how exactly are you sending them to the systemexec?

Please attach your code

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,376 Views)

attached below is the problem area for my code. I am connecting a wifi module to a host network that I created and comparing the mac addresses to confirm that the module connects to wifi. sending that command in the vi calls up an app, wifi1vc that connects my module to the network. this works in the command prompt directly and it should work by doing it this way with labview (and it did just last week!) but it is not right now and I am pulling my hair out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(3,369 Views)

You don't have a path in your command line. Is the command you are calling in your default path?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,363 Views)

yes.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,354 Views)

you have

cmd c/ wifi1vc COM12 edwtest sentine

shoulden't it be 

cmd /c wifi1vc COM12 edwtest sentine

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,351 Views)

Also you call out Com12, has the device possibly moved to another COM port?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,350 Views)