LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any one programed a serial interface for the Yaesu gs-232 antenna rotator

Has any one tried to make a simple interface for this device? I have done some basic communicating with it, but it seems to be rather glitchy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,086 Views)

hi dstafford,

can you explain your problem? We can help you although we don´t have exactly what you need.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,074 Views)

Well I have followed the basic serial example. So I have been able to input the commands that it uses to operate. It wants two sets of numbers, so it knows where to point in a formatted string. I can also add a command so that it tells me where it is at. Here is what I would like to do, I would like to add two knobs for inputting azimuth and elevation so that it is graphical, and I need to format the string such that w000 000   the first 000 is azimuth (000 to 360 deg) and the second set is for elevation (000 to 180). There is also a second command c2 (but I don’t know where I should put it in the string) as this reads the current position and displays it. In that example it only runs for a brief period and then it stops, I need to be able to chance the position dynamically and see where it is at as it changes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,062 Views)

Hi

i think the attachment makes what you want.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,054 Views)

Thanks that helped out a lot; I combined that program with the serial example. It works well, but it seems to want to update very frequently, as I am hearing relays tripping, but if I set the number I want and hit stop it goes there and will stop at that command. Is there a way to just have it send the data and then just have it leave the serial device alone unless you change the angle. As in only send the data once, but not have to re hit run.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,043 Views)
Put the read and write statements in the True case of a case structure and wire the condition terminal of the structure to a boolean button with latching action.  In the false case, just wire anything through such as the VISA reference and error wire.

Move the serial config function ahead of the while loop and the VISA close after the while loop.  No need to do those functions over and over.

Be sure to put a wait ms function in the while loop so the loop doesn't spin superfast eating up CPU cycles when the false case of the structure executes.

You can probably eliminate that Read switch and the false case of its case structure as it is basically doing the same thing your new boolean button will be doing.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,039 Views)

Hi dstafford,

another way can be to place your send vi in an event structure and only read permanently from serial.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,029 Views)
Mike,

How would that be done?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,021 Views)

Hi dstafford,

i attach an example for it.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 01-21-2008 01:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,993 Views)

Hello MikeS81,

I am also in need of a .vi file for the Yaesu GS-232 antenna rotor controller.  However, I can't open the one you posted since it is a later rev than my LV.  Any chance you can save your GS-232 controller .vi file in LV version 7.1.1? 

Greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,297 Views)