LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any demo software

dear sor,

Please suggest me any demo software to check my Ethernet to RS 485 converter with my instrument. My instrument is basically working on RS485 bus. i am having converter for ethernet to Rs485 but i don't know how to to check it. So please suggest me for that and also for its settings.

thanks

falgandha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,677 Views)

What instrument are you using ?

Field point ?

Be a bit more elaborative...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 5
(2,668 Views)

Hi falgandha,

You can try making a search in google for Ethernet to RS 485 converter software...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 3 of 5
(2,665 Views)

dear sir,

I am using one instrument used for tempereture control. THis instrument is wokinh on modbus rs485 protocol. Also i am not getting any software to check my instrument.

I amusing labview 7.0. And i want to read the data from my instrument . Using visa functions i am able to read my instruments data. But now i want to read my instrument data by using ethernet protocol ,for this iam already having convereter for ethernet to rs485. Please give me some vi. Don't give me any lin because i have already tried all links.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,650 Views)
There is difference between talking to the device via ethernet and talking to the device through an ehternet<-->RS485 converter. With the converter you get RS485 ports showing up in your computer's list of ports. They would be no different than if you had an RS485 port on the motherboard or a plug-in RS485 card. Thus, if the ports show up in your computer, the converter is probably working. On Windows just go to the Device Manager to view the list of ports. MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) will also show this information. You should also be able to use MAX to verify the converter is working.

As far as the actual code, since you're using VISA the only thing you would need to change is the resource name to tell it the name of the port as it shows up in your computer. You should not need to change any other code unless there are any timing issues that may be incurred due to the converter, but that's unlikely.
Message 5 of 5
(2,622 Views)