LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

align gridlines

Hello All. With the help of this board I have managed to plot both my data sets on the same graph. I have a request. Is it possible to force the right y-axis to use the gridlines of the left y-axis?

Basically I have a predictable range on the left and have this programatically set to have a consistant and readable number of gridlines. The right is less predictable, so I have been using the autoscale function, but it likes to add a whole bunch of differently spaced gridlines. 

Is there a way to autoscale with a certain number of gridlines (say 20?) so that the gridlines on my two axes match even though one is autoscaled and one is not? 

Also, would it be possible to keep the min value 0? Basically just autoscale greater than zero?

Thanks,

Nukem.

LabVIEW 2010

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,110 Views)

Is your right graph Y-axis one that is going to be re-autoscaling frequently? If not, I'd suggest manually autoscaling it (find max, min of data, pick good max, min for axis [for example not -4.573 to +132.05] and figure out the interval for X gridlines, which you'd just calculate from your left Y-axis data. It's really pretty straightforward. (I stopped using a program's native autoscaling when I can avoid it many years ago when I used Excel a lot for presentations - 'nuf said.)

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,101 Views)