LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aladdin hardlock and LabVIEW?

Does anyone have a VI to allow a LabVIEW VI to look for the presence of a correct Aladdin Hardlock?  We're about to distribute some compiled VI's as products, and we'd like to protect them from unauthorized use/copying utilizing our existing Aladdin Hardlock system.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,094 Views)
This is what i got searching the forum
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,078 Views)

If you haven't already yet, contact the people at aladin about it and get a dev kit.  There are examples (in C++/#) that are pretty easy to follow for learning what to do and in what order.  The DLL they give you is .NET based, so if you use a .NET constructor, you can access most of the functionallity.   

I sadly can't post our code (it's too embeded in our work right now) but that should get you going pretty well.

Also: The DLL "hasp_windows_demo_master.dll" NEEDS to be in with the VI/EXE for it to function correctly. 
Otherwise the error 400: HASP_NO_API_DY_LIB happens during login.   (this is a comment in my VI, I guess that when we get our own hasp master dll, that will need to be there instead.)

Message 3 of 7
(3,061 Views)

Well, on the Aladdin site, there is  a zip file for "LabWindows Demo".  I'm guessing that this is where the DLL's that Britoa mentions.

But, I'm somewhat inexperienced with LabView, and am not sure how to call DLL functions from inside a VI?  Anyone want to point me in the correct direction (sample code - hint hint)?

Steve

Message Edited by Steve257 on 09-16-2008 01:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,983 Views)

Hi Steve257,

In order to call methods from a DLL in LabVIEW, I would point you in the direction of the Call Library Function VI. 

If there is a header file along with the DLL, you can import the DLL into LabVIEW for even easier access to the methods.  (Tools » Import » Shared Library (.dll))

I hope this helps,

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 5 of 7
(2,957 Views)

That 'sounds' easy enough...I'll give it a try and let you know how well I do.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,954 Views)
The dll that I have is .net based, so if you go to connectivity-->.NET, put down a constructor node, and select 'browse' when asked, selecting the dll, it should give you a much easier interface.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,934 Views)