From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjust front panel to screen size and re-position objects on different systems automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i have designed a vi that contains 5 led's placed at the 4 corners and center of the front panel which occupies the entire screen. However, this vi is to be used on different systems having different screen sizes. But on every screen, i'll need the front panel size = screen size and the led's to  be placed to the centers and corner of this new screen size automatically without any manual operations and positioning bieng done every time. Will the resize option perform this task completely or do i have to go for some other techniques?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,027 Views)

Hi Pratiksha,

Go to the VI properties and there you can find a category as Window Size.There you can check the option "Maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions"

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

Message 2 of 7
(4,021 Views)

hello,

I need the front panel of the vi to automatically adjust to the screen size. This does not seem to do that. I still am able to resize it and on saving and opening once again the front panel is in resized mode not in the full-screen mode. I need the front panel to be in full-screen mode at all times everytime it runs 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prathiksha

As far as I know, what you want is not easy to do but it is doable but you have to programmatically do it (no Labview setting). Here is an example for only 2 LEDs but I suppose that you will be able to make it work for your other LEDs.

This VI maximizes the front panel and then positions the 2 LEDs in the center and top right corner upon running. The LEDs are positioned according to their own top left  corners, not according to their centers.

Position LEDs_BD.png

Marc Dubois
Message 4 of 7
(3,978 Views)

Could you please downconvert it to 8.6 version? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,958 Views)

Thank you.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,908 Views)