LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding xcontrol instance to an array

Is there a way to add an xcontrol instance to an array?  I can do this to a cluster but it doesn't work with array whenever I tried to drag and drop.  My xcontrol is actually pretty simple, it's just a 4 items enumeration.  Each item has a different color assigned.  Nothing too complicated about it really but it won't let me add it to an array.  However, when I tried to use the default enumeration Labview adds it to an array fine.  Is there a solution to this ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,351 Views)

Well how may instances of the xControl do you want?  

You can't do that.  You can make an array of the datatype of the x control but not the x control

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,342 Views)

As Jeff said it is a limitation of XControls.  I have moved to tiny sub panels to get over this, it is still tricky because you cant have an array of sub panels either. What i did was to add a slider control next to my sub panels  and make the panels appear to scroll.  This worked better than I ever expected, it was smooth and user friendly.  I dont expect this to be your answer exactly, but maybe sharing the pain will help to generate ideas.  Because of the way LabVIEW handles array data i dont think we will ever get arrays of XControls but it would be nice if NI prove me wrong 😉

Michael.

Message 3 of 3
(2,318 Views)