LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding values to multiple_tables

Hi I am puzzled.
I am building a vi such that each set of values are added to each table. However, when I connect to 0 value to row input node of insert array function. In the end the tables are filled with empty rows between filled rows. So If I added incrementing values,  they are filled correctly, but I want the latest values to be updated at the top cell in the tables.

Would appreciate your help.
Here's the attached. (using labview 7.1)

Clement
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,508 Views)
I think your problem is not with the insert array function itself, but the convolution of array manipulations going on inside those loops.  The two places I would begin looking is the insert into array that is occurring in the True case.  But I think the big problem is that Build Array with an empty array being attached to it.  It is taking your 1 x 6 array and turning it into a 2 x 6 array with all the elements of the 2nd row being empty strings.

Try turning on highlight execution and watch it in slow motion.  Be careful with insert into array, you should really only use it once to add data to the big arrays in the final steps.  Build the arrays carefully before that without using Insert into array and without  joining arrays with empty strings.
Message 2 of 4
(2,503 Views)
hi, an build array function is removed. see diagram.

PS: not sure your objective. So, just did to achieve what your do not want i.e. empty row(s). And, hope it make sense.
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,498 Views)
Ravens and Lai Fung.

Raven you are right., It does solve the problem by not using the empty array and build array function.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake
Thanks alot. 
Clement
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,493 Views)