LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activexWord_Table

Hello,

I want to create a table in the word document and also i want to write some data in specified column and row. Is there any library functions for this.

Regards
Shivakumar Singh
Message 1 of 4
(2,522 Views)
Shivakumar,

There is a toolkit for LabVIEW that allows you to easily interact with MS Office. It is called the Report Generation Toolkit and can be found at:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=5769〈=US

At times, there are other ways to go about using ActiveX but the methods must be exposed and, even if they are, often involve complex code. There are some examples that ship with LabVIEW and they can be found at Help>>Find Examples. Search for the words "Word" and "Excel". These VIs show the code involved with ActiveX programming. The Report Generation Toolkit will allow you to perform these tasks in a VI (API) format in an easier way.

cheers,
Brett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,508 Views)
Shivakumar,

You can do everything (at least everything that I needed) with the ActiveX components of word. The problem is that you work quiet hard. I set the size of the columns and rows, alignement of the data inside the table and also put the right data into each cell of the table.

I would try the utility first. I'll try it myself, although I've already spent much time working with the word components.

If you still need help, please let me know and I'll attach the program I wrote where you can see how I worked with tables in a Word document.

Regards,

Marce
Message 3 of 4
(2,482 Views)

Hi Marc,

is it possible that you attach your programm?

It would be helpful for me.

Kind regards

Rusja 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,219 Views)