From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex

I am using a activex container with a MS RichTextBox object.  In a while loop I have an event handler catching the mouse
enter event. But just moving the mouse around within the container is cause that event to trigger. Any ideas? I have tried
several different MS activex objects and they all seem to do it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,064 Views)
This has to do with the ActiveX container in general and I'm sure I've seen something about it before, but I can't find it.
Try placing a boolean under the control (use the reorder button) which will be slightly bigger than the container and use the enter and leave events from the boolean.

I have tried that with a string and changed the event handler to look at the string enter.
But, it still kicks out of the event handler when you move into or around the ActiveX container.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,031 Views)
I'm Like you tst I have seen a discussion here about this I just can't seem to find it.

First off this sounds like typical behaviour if you have it set up to capture the mouse enter event. When you enter into the the container it will fire the event.
Second what is your benefit to using and activex string control, I would stay away from activex whenever possible because THE FUNCTIONALITY WILL CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Just my 2 cents

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,026 Views)

Look at the attached VI.

For me, it does not detect the event when moving around inside the AX control. The main problem is that if you move your mouse quickly over the boolean, it doesn't always detect the entering. I consider this to be a bug, although I'm not sure whether a windows bug or a LV bug and I'm not sure how to get around it, other than moving the boolean to the front, making it transparent and using every mouse down event on the boolean to change the key focus to the AX control.

Also, notice the stop button (that was just to make it more convenient).

(3,024 Views)
Thanks TST,  you mentioned reorder in you reply, that was the trick. Once I reordered and put the string behind the activex
the problem when away.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,023 Views)
What we want is the Labview string control to have both scrollbars but it does not. We have tried
a listbox but that has a max limit that we will reach.

So, the richtextbox seems our best solution. Anybody have another idea?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,017 Views)

Try looking here, maybe it will help you.

(3,013 Views)
Thanks TST, unfortunately our string is so big that that example would be way too slow.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,997 Views)