LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing several webbrowsers

I am using the WebBrowser widget, along with the Navigate2 (activeX) to access a ONE radio via ethernet.  In our production environment, we are looking to have up to sixteen radios that we need to communicate with.  We have a PXI/PCI chassis setup where we have 16 NIC cards, so (I believe) it will appear to the PC like he has 16 ethernet ports.  Within labview, if I had sixteen webBrowser/Navigate2 pairs, how do I make the correlation to specific particular ethernet connection ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)

This is a little outside my field of expertise, but i'll give it a shot.

After looking here, it looks like you can assign each ethernet port its own IP address through MAX.

Then in your code, you can use the IP address to discriminate between the ethernet ports.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Message Edited by Cory K on 03-09-2010 11:08 AM
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,265 Views)
I have not done it with 16 but as Cory said, if you assign each NIC a different IP and a different subnet, then set the ip of each UUT to be on the same subnet as the NIC it is connected to, you should be able to get it to work. For that matter, you could use a single NIC and just have a different IP on each UUT. Don't know what this web component that you are using but surely you've had multiple web pages open at the same time, haven't you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,255 Views)

As it turns out, we're essentially going to do what you suggested (Dennis) - "use a single NIC and just have a different IP on each UUT".  Attached is a snippet (VI) that shows the widgets I referred to.  I'm not sure if either of these ideas is any easier than the other, but the way I see it, I have two choices - (1) create multiple instances of my RCTx tool that has its dedicated local host TCP port (for messaging to the client) and a dedicated webBrowser for tied to a specific IP address to display the traffic between the radio and the RCTx, OR (2) I have one RCTx app that receives TCP messages (with an IP addr embedded) then I would route that message to the proper webBrowser.  I'm thinking that option 2 would require me to maintain an array of webBrowsers, but then the other (50 or so controls/indicators) would have to get tied in somehow.  I was thinking I could incorporate some level of LabVIEW Object-Oriented code such that for each radio, I would create a class instance (object) that would encapsulate all the controls and messaging capabilities.  I'm just not sure which way to go.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,239 Views)