LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing NI-XNET APIs in Vector CANoe

Hello,

I would like to call certain NI-XNET functions from Vector CANoe, thereby trying to communicate with the CAN driver from NI directly from CANoe. I know that it is possible the other way around (interfacing Vector CAN driver with LabVIEW ) using the DLL provided by Vector in LabVIEW. Here is a good description of it. 

The idea is to use the NI-XNET DLL to access the functions in CANoe (CAPL). I know you can access the functions from a windows dll in CAPL. Unfortunately, I didn't find much description with regard to this topic. 

Strangely, when I looked into the nixnet.dll, there were no functions except for the 'createXnetSysApiExpert' function. Any idea what this is? But there is this other dll, 'nixlvapi' which contains the functions which I am looking for to use. Should this be used instead? 

Has anyone tried to do such a thing? Any hints, ideas, experiences or suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,521 Views)

Hello,

I am using the Labview and CANoe together to communicate the hardware over ethernet.

To receive the data from Hardware i am using the api UdpReceiveFrom in camoe.

But i am unable to receive data from hardware.

However without Labview , the API UdpReceiveFrom works fine.

Can anyone help me in this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,249 Views)

I found that There is a communication tool provided by Vector Informatik.

https://vector.com/portal/medien/cmc/speeches/TestingExpo2012_CANoe_Labview_Stein.pdf

Just my curious, why do you want to make the communication? 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,242 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but i didnt find any pdf file mentioned in your reply.

Just my curious, why do you want to make the communication? 

Answer : I had 6 Hardware channel on vector hardware, so i need to control the parallel communication through CANoe.

However data to transfer on hardware channel will be coming from Labview. I am using shared system variable for that purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,238 Views)

oops the link was broken : ( Im sorry...

CAN Driver for LabVIEW® 1.6

or

Vector XL Driver - LabVIEW wrappers

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,234 Views)