From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accelerometer

I want to measure the vibrations in a train wagon with an accelerometer. The bandwidth of the system is 0 - 500 Hz. I also want an extra analog input with a measuring range of 0-10V with which I can also measure the rotational speed of the train wheels: 0 km / h corresponds to 0V, 200 km / h corresponds to 10V and I want a resolution of at least 1 km / h. The data must ultimately end up in an Excel sheet and in a Labview application on a laptop that will take a few hours inside the train for the measurements. Design a measurement system for this and responsibly discuss the components and discuss them (including sensors, what kind of cabling, which systems you need to go from a value in the real world to a PC, etc.)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,054 Views)

Hi Jome,

so you wrote your (homework) requirement you got from your teacher.

What is your question?

And why don't you discuss that with your co-students?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,046 Views)

Good assignment.  When you ultimately get a job, and your boss gives you a similar assignment, will you still ask others to "do your work for you without pay" so you can earn a comfortable salary?  Or (since you joined today, and April 1 is often called "April Fool's Day", when people play "jokes" on each other) are you just kidding us?  [If the latter, I apologize for my earlier remark ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,031 Views)

I really like the idea of recording a 500Hz signal for some hours in Excel   ... so I vote for  April 1 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,015 Views)

Hi,

we are talking about a bandwidth of 500Hz, so the sampling should use 1kHz sample rate at minimum…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,007 Views)

Shure, and if you really want to measure transient signals with 500 Hz bandwidth you should sample some factors higher than 2 😉 

@GerdW wrote:

Hi,

we are talking about a bandwidth of 500Hz, so the sampling should use 1kHz sample rate at minimum…

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,996 Views)