LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acceleration

My guess would be that the data you integrated has a non-zero mean. That DC component creates the increasing signal at the output. The data you showed in Data.PNG in an earlier post has all acceleration values in the table >0.  The magnitude is not large but accumulated over many samples, which is what integration does, the DC component will dominate.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(403 Views)

What do you suggest I do? I have  been stuck on how to make the recorded data match the originial data for a while and still cannot figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(399 Views)

Subtracting the mean before integrating may help. Depending on the data you may do it in segments. You may also need to repeat the process after the first integration.

This kind of processing can be very dependent on the characteristics of the data and on the processes which generate it. You may need to try various things to see what works best for your data.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(392 Views)

@m3m3ngo wrote:

What do you suggest I do? I have  been stuck on how to make the recorded data match the originial data for a while and still cannot figure it out.

How about posting the data? If you have the data in your vi graph you can make this values default, save and post that vi.

Again: What type of shaker do you use? Electrodynamic one?

If you feed your shaker with a triangle waveform of 10Hz , how does your accelerometer signal look like?

F=m*a  and F=IxB (for a el.dyn. shaker)

So I assume you need to feed your shaker with a current proportional to the acceleration. In a first shot I assume that a voltage proportional to the acceleration will work too...

You have s(t) (displacement in m (meter) SI unit), so you need to differentiate twice to get a(t) (acceleration in m/s²) , feed that signal into your shaker.

You measure acceleration a_sensor(t) (well, a voltage proportional to it 😉 ) and if you integrate twice you should end with the displacement of your shaker. 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(358 Views)