LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zeal, Linux docset viewer

Hello, everyone ;

I use a documentation viewer called Zeal in Linux which displays (well!) API cheatsheets for over

200 languages.

It uses what are termed "docsets" and these were originally developed by https://kapeli.com/dash

for their Mac OS X program Dash.  The Linux open source community developed their own viewer, Zeal, which I use.

It is indispensable for me with Python3 and Google's Tensorflow.  I am looking for a docset about LabVIEW 2018 that has the CLI interface for LabVIEW (and more).

There is an authorship document ( the docset generation guide ) at https://kapeli.com/docsets, with examples.  IF I need to generate my own, what recommended html files would I use ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(64,050 Views)

Hey Northrider,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking for. If you are asking about our source code, from my understanding, our source code is not open to the public.

There is this page that I would recommend for more information on LabVIEW CLI.

https://github.com/JamesMc86/LabVIEW-CLI/wiki/Getting-Started-With-LabVIEW-CLI

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(64,017 Views)

I am not asking about source code; what I was trying to determine is whether

there is already a "docset" for Offline viewing.  I spend most of my time disconnected

from the Internet, and offline documentation/cheat sheets are pretty essential.

I will look at the Wiki page you recommended, as I could save the page/pages in html and

possibly produce my own docset for Zeal.

Thank you for answering.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(64,014 Views)

LabVIEW does not implement a cli out of the box. The link that Yahirth gave you is a project that shows how you can implement a cli interface in LabVIEW that you then can call from an external program through the command line. As the non-LabVIEW part is written in C# it will most likely not really work on non-Windows systems.

LabVIEW supports these interfaces for invoking certain commands from an external application:

1) minimalistic command line parameters. You can build an executable and configure the build specification to pass any parameters that LabVIEW itself does not understand to the VI diagram. In your VI you can then use an application property node Application.Command Line Arguments to read the command line parameters. You can then write something into external files to read from the other app or use something else like pipes or TCP/IP to communicate with your other app.

2) an ActiveX server interface. This is obviously Windows only and a very limited subset of the following interface

3) VI Server interface: This is basically the whole VI server interface as available through property and method nodes from the Application and VI Reference refnums. It also works remotely through a TCP/IP protocol, but this protocol is undocumented, binary and even if you had the documentation of the protocol, pretty hard to implement yourself. It only is really accessible through the LabVIEW property and method nodes.

Anything else will require some sort of proxy that you write in LabVIEW yourself and that receives commands from an external entity through some form of inter-application communication such as TCP/IP or pipes, does whatever you want it to do for these commands and serves responses to that external entity back.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(63,999 Views)