LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcontrols and Data Binding

Hi

Is it possible to bind specific controls in a Xcontrol to e.g. a Shared Variable programmatically? I have tried using the Bind to Network Path method, but I only manage to bind the Xcontrol it self. When I try to bind a controller inside the Xcontrol, nothing happens. I have tried applying the method in both Init.vi and under Exec State Change in Facade.vi.

Regards gelmin

Message Edited by gelmin on 03-06-2007 11:46 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,498 Views)
Dear Gelmin,

Thanks for your request. I make some investigation a find an helpful example that could help you in your development.

Best regards
Nick_CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)

Hi Nick_CH.

Thank you for your reply. I have actually looked at this example, but unfortunately it doesn't help me as I want to bind the control inside the Xcontrol, and not the Xcontrol it self. The reason why I'm looking in to this is that I need a way to dynamically both read and write several shared variables inside a Xcontrol. With data binding of controls I could sort of do something like this.

The most obvious way to achieve this though is to use Datasocket, but I'm afraid this will affect performance as I will have a lot of variables to manage. I have read somewhere that one should only use Datasocket when dealing with less than 30 variables or so. Are there some clever way to dynamically read/write Shared Variables whit out loss of performance?

Best regards gelmin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,443 Views)