LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph Multiplot with multiple X-Y axes

Hi all,

I am attacing a vi where in I have selected the point style for both the 2 plots. But the second one is not effective when Im cleared and plot it again. Its not remembering. Same way I have associated the x & y  scales for each plot in the design time. It is also not effective when Im running a VI.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,933 Views)

Hi there

your attached VI is broken. Please try again.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,927 Views)

Hi chris,

But it is ok only in my pc. anyway I am attaching the jpeg for your reference.

Thanks

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,925 Views)

Hi Kousy,

did you really save the plot style for both plots? When I save with plotstyle properly set then the setting remains even after re-loading the vi...

Btw. you should always note which LV version you use, especially when using one of the older ones...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,912 Views)

Hi Kousy

I'm not completely sure what you mean, but have you tried setting the current values as default? After youve made the settings to the graph, right-click it, select "Data Operations" in the menu and then "Make Current Value Default". Then save the VI.

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,911 Views)

Hi DavidEk,

After running once, I have selected the style for both plots and made it as default from rightclick data operations menu. I saved the vi. Closed and reopened it from disk showing image is attached for ref.

Now I run & cleared the graph from right click menu, I could not see the default saved style . image attached.

Gerd, I am using LV8.6

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,885 Views)
Works fine for me. Can you post the VI that you modified?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,869 Views)

I do see the problem he is talking about when using the VI he posted in message #1.  While Gerd's VI in message #4 appears identical, but does not show this behavior.  I'm on LV 8.6.1f1.

1.  With VI in message #1, open.

2.  Run the VI, click the boolean.  No points on plot 1 (red).

3.  Stop the VI.

4.  Right click on graph and set the properties so that plot 1 has points.  OK on dialog box.

5.  Run the VI.

6.  Both plots show the points.

7.  While still running, right click the VI and pick Clear Graph.  The points no longer show up on plot #1.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,850 Views)

You're right. It seems that the Clear Graph is doing something very weird. All that I had done was change the point style, save it, and reload the VI. It remembered the new point style. But after doing the Clear Graph, the only way to get the point style back seems to either reloading the VI or actually changing the point style again. I would mark it as a bug.

Now lets see who is the first to see whether it behaves the same in LV 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,845 Views)

Add a THIRD plot and you'll now see they all retain their point styles after a Clear Graph......based on that, one obvious workaround is to add a third "dummy" plot and just make it's color transparent.

Message Edited by Bill@NGC on 08-01-2009 02:52 PM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,841 Views)