From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph or Waveform Graph

Dear all,

I am in a bit confusion in choosing between XY Graph and Waveform Graph to plot my data.

Here is the Scenario:

i am receiving data for 24 channels(400 samples each) from my H/W. so the X scale of the Graph is 0-399. 

Now once i have captured all the data, i might want to change the Sweep speed of a particular waveform.

Sweep is like Zooming in or Zooming out. Say if i captured the data at sweep speed = 2. Now i want to view it at 4, means, i want to Zoom Out. Now that means that i want to view my 400 samples on First 200 samples of the Graph. If earlier the X difference b/w points was 1. not it'll be 0.5.

Waveform Graph has the property wherein i can make a cluster of Initial X, delta x and the waveform. Problem is it'll take delta x for all the plots on the graph and wont work if i want to change delta x of just 1 plot.

In XY Graph, i can give X and Y values for independent plots. So, it can workout my problem.

But giving X and Y values is a bit tedious job. 

I want to know is there any way i can use Waveform Graph to plot my data and can change sweep speed of just 1 plot without doing much of coding, or is XY Graph the only solution to my Problem ?? 

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,173 Views)
XY Graph will suits good for ur application.u want to change the dt of the data if u want to reduce your dt from 1 to .5 then divide ur Xaxis data by 2.In waveform graph u ant change the individual plot Xscale values.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 2 of 3
(4,125 Views)

Hi,

You should be using XY graph for your application.

untitled.JPG

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3