From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY -Graph only recording last 100 data points

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to plot data over a period of about 110s (sample rate 99Hz). The problem is that the XY-graph I'm using seems to collect only the last 100 samples for some reason. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a property that is changeble?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,216 Views)

Hi Aleksi,

a graph does NOT collect any data - only a chart will do this! A graph only displays the data you feed by the wire. And in all that datatype mismatch you create plots containing just one X array element...

- You need to collect data on your own when using graphs.

- You may use the BuildGraph ExpressVI - or (to learn LabVIEW much better) you should use shift registers...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,205 Views)

Thanks for quick reply.

However using "Create XY Graph" didn't solve my problem. The graph still shows only the latest samples (not all from the past). Could this have something to do with the DAQ assistant -properties?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aleksi-

Hi Aleksi,

maybe you should configure "BuildXYGraph" more accurately? Like switching off the only option of that ExpressVI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,188 Views)

Sorry for not noticing that! Smiley Embarassed

Now it's working! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,182 Views)