Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPS Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

thaks for your help.

now it is working well.

actuall i did mistake during configuration.

group name is S only.

thanks a lot for you big help.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 47
(1,719 Views)

Hello,

I would like to know if someone has ever tried to obtain a harmonic motion with UTS150CC linear stage by using the XPS  controller. We are currently using the preload control labview program, that is, stopping the jogging of the vertical linear stage and it is working, yet is it possible to obtain an harmonic motion which corresponds to a harmonic reference preload in labview.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 47
(1,695 Views)

I suggest creating a new post for this. It will get you more attention.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 47
(1,629 Views)

Hello

I am trying to control the XPS Q8 linear translation stage (300mm) through labview 11. I constructed a VI which communicates my translation stage and moves according to target position which I set.  For your reference I have attached my VI.

Present VI runs the translation stage towards the target position continuosly. Once it reaches the target position, the program will end.

Now I need to modify my VI such that stage should moves towards the target position with some time interval instead of running continously.

for example, my target position is to reach 100 mm and I need to stop the stage at every 5 mm for 5 sec.

1 to 5mm with velocity 1 mm/s and stay at 5mm for 5 sec,

Again 5 to 10 mm with velocity 1 mm/s and stay at 10 mm for 5 sec.

Again 10 to 15 mm with velocity 1mm /s and saty at 15mm for 5 sec.......like this.

could you please help to modify my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 47
(1,540 Views)

Hello everyone,

Do you know how to stop immediately a moving by using Abort or Kill ? I've tried Event but it always wait the moving finish.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 47
(1,426 Views)

Are you also using the XPS controller? Unfortunately I am not familiar with using LabVIEW with these devices. I understand there is a driver supported by Newport, so your best bet would be reaching out to them as I don't know how their motion devices operate. In our NI-Motion and SoftMotion software a kill command will generally cut all output to the motor and let frictional forces stop it, while a halt will actively work to stop the motor, but I cannot say what the case is for their API or hardware.

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 47
(1,407 Views)

Hello

I have changed the XY two axes into two separate motion axes in the XPS website, how to use Labview to make the two motion axes move at the same time?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 47
(317 Views)