From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Database Add Issue

Hi All,

I'm having issues referencing a database file I'm using. I'm using the XNET Database Add Alias.vi to point to the database file that's being used in the test program but I keep getting errors as it's trying to find this file (see screenshot attached). This test program has been updated and has worked before so I'm not sure what's going on. The alias name and filepath were originally hardcoded but I've now added the controls to the UI so that they can be selected prior to the test program being run (see XNET_Error1.jpg attached).

I then tried adding this XNET database through NI MAX but got an error saying the database alias name contains an invalid character (see XNET_Error2.jpg attached).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,542 Views)

Hello, 

Other than the the alias name and file path being changed from hard coded to a control, what else has changed in the program? Also, since you have set the alias name and file path to local variables, are you sure that they are not being changed anywhere else in the program?

Regards, 

Shezaan Noorani 

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,462 Views)

Hi Shezaan,

I tried uninstalling the modified test program, and re-installing the original working test program clean and it still won't work. Not sure why that would be?

Is there any way to check, add or test the alias/database file outside of the test program, perhaps in NI MAX somehow?

I changed the hard coded alias name & file paths to allow me to make sure the filepath was correct even though name and path have never been changed.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)

I see you have a space character in the alias name. Depending on the XNET version, this might not be supported. Could you try to remove the space character and check if it helps?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,436 Views)